Goals of the Student Teaching Program
Student Teaching is more than just the culminating course; it is a tremendous opportunity for learning and professional development. With your supportive and constructive feedback provided to you by your supervisor and PDEs, this experience will provide the needed opportunities for you to further develop the skills, abilities, and strategies necessary to become a highly effective professional educator.
Student teaching is designed to provide you with the following experience and information:
- Planning and implementing curriculum and instruction;
- Managing the classroom learning environment;
- Interacting with students using a variety of teaching methodologies;
- Multiple-measures approach to assess and document student growth, evaluate instructional effectiveness, and modify instruction;
- CCSS & NYS Teaching Standards;
- Opportunities for involvement in the community, and in the professional and extracurricular life of the school;
- Developing a framework of self-reflection for continuing professional growth.