Teach Online Instructions
You must create a TEACH Online Account prior to student teaching.
The following set of instructions apply to students seeking institutional recommendation for certification (Pathway: Approved Teacher Preparation Program):
Starting Fall 2006, all students seeking certification should use the TEACH Online Services. If you are graduating December 2006, you are encouraged to apply for certification through TEACH Online by December 15, 2006. You can start the process at any time prior to graduation.
TEACH is an online application and database system containing many features for various user groups including applicants for teacher certification, applicants for fingerprint clearance for school district employment, school district personnel, colleges/universities, and the general public.
Please Note - The TEACH system is designed to handle online applications, which helps the efficiency of the application review process. If you have recently submitted a paper application and can't find it on the TEACH System, we ask you for your patience until we are able to do some preliminary processing of your file. Paper applications require additional work by Office of Teaching Initiatives staff. Once the paper application is processed and we have added basic information to your file, the application will show up in TEACH.
TEACH features include:
- Online application for teacher certification and fingerprint clearance for employment in school districts
- Pay application fees online using a credit card or print a coupon and mail in a money order
- Check status of certificate applications and fingerprint clearance online
- School districts and non-public schools can submit their superintendent statements online and verify certification status of teachers and prospective teachers
- New York State Colleges/Universities can submit recommendations for program completers online and track the certification status of their students
- For more information, please go to: http://ohe32.nysed.gov/tcert/teach/
For more information, go to Ms. DelGaudio's site: http://faculty.plattsburgh.edu/bethanne.delgaudio/, includes a TEACH Tutorial
- Log onto BANNER
- From the Main Menu, select Student Menu
- From the Student Menu, select Student Records Menu
- From the Student Records Menu, select TEACH Waiver Consent Form
- In order for your online application for certification to be processed, you must agree to accept the waiver agreement.
log in to BANNER and complete the TEACH Waiver Consent Form
located on the Student Menu under Student Records in order to be
recommended for graduation and certification. Failure to do so will
delay receipt of your graduation and certification materials.
Screen Shots of the procedure can be accessed by clicking on the "Banner Waiver Screen Shots (Tutorial)" link on the left.
If you have already graduated, please contact Graduate Advising regarding the TEACH Waiver Consent Form.
- After you accept the SUNY Plattsburgh waiver agreement, you must now create an account for TEACH Online Services
- It is extremely important to follow the prompts!
- Once you have successfully created a TEACH Account, you can log on
- After successfully creating an account, follow the prompts for "Step 2 - Select Certificate(s)"
- Select your Certificate Title. Area of Interest will be: Classroom Teacher
- Choose the appropriate Subject Area.
- Important information for students enrolled in dual or quadruple certification programs. You will need to apply for both/four certificates for your respective program during the same session.
- Students enrolled in the "stand alone" MSEd Special Education B-6 program: Students with Disabilities B-2 & Students with Disabilities grades 1-6.
- Students enrolled
in the combined BS/MSEd ECE/CE/SpEd B-6 program:
- Students with Disabilities B-2;
- Students with Disabilities grades 1-6;
- Early Childhood Education B-2;
- Childhood Education 1-6.
- Select the Grade Level
- Select the Title
- Undergraduate Program Codes
- Graduate Program Codes
- Select your appropriate Certificate Type: "Initial," or "Professional," or "Permanent"
- After making the appropriate selections, click the "Add" button
- You must now choose "Pathway: Approved Teacher Preparation Program."
- Please note: If you are applying for an additional certificate, you will need to apply for the "additional certificate" separately and choose: "Pathway: Individual Evaluation for Additional Classroom Teaching Certificate." For more information, go to: "Pathway: Individual Evaluation for Additional Classroom Teaching Certificate."
4. Sign the Affidavit
5. Sign the Application
6. Make Payment
8. Problems? Initially TEACH Technical support will be available to you by telephone Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. at (518) 486-6041 or 24/7 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Report all problems with TEACH, by going to: https://portals.nysed.gov/tcert/technical.htm.
Any delay in the application process will mean a delay in receiving certification.
Upon successful completion of all requirements, the date of issuance for December graduates will be February. The date of issuance for May graduates will be September. The five-year clock starts ticking at the date of issuance, not the date of graduation.